Dynamic Geometry online Evironment or Java applet?

Feb 5, 2009 at 5:47 AM
What is the best way to approach online dynamic geometry environment? We create an online dynamic geometry environment with dynamic manipulative models or create  models using Computer dynamic geometry softwares and export to Java applets?
Coordinator
Feb 6, 2009 at 2:29 AM
It depends on your requirements. Both are probably valid approaches (btw the website about dynamic manipulative models doesn't exist for me).

I chose to implement the software in Silverlight and will probably store the drawings as XML files. I have to come up with a format yet.
As for the implementation platform, I'm not very fond of JavaScript from the programmer's perspective.
Feb 16, 2009 at 2:14 AM
Silverlight is an online-product, so I think it don't have enough feature as a computer-based softwares when we creating models. Almost dynamic geometry softwares builders have tried their best efforts to export models to java applets that is satisfy "WYSIWYG".

Coordinator
Mar 10, 2009 at 2:50 AM
Silverlight is surprisingly feature-rich, so I don't think it is any more limited than a desktop dynamic geometry software.
It is potentially richer than any java applet out there.