May 5, 2010 at 6:07 AM
I thought I'd share my plans regarding what I'm going to be doing next. The prototype of Live Geometry is an old program I created during 1999-2002 called DG. You can download it at
http://dg.osenkov.com and read more about it here:
My next plans would be to reach functional parity with this program: I want Live Geometry to be able to do everything that DG does. I can already import DG files (in .dgf format), so you can play with the library of drawings (downloadable from the link above)
and import them into Live Geometry.
Features still missing (and that I'm going to add next):
- PropertyGrid support for multiple selected objects (show the intersection of properties and methods)
- List of all figures as a listbox that supports multiple selection
- Step-by-step construction playback
- Snap points to figures, release points from figures
- Buttons that hide/show objects
- Hyperlink buttons
- and some very minor details here and there
Live Geometry is quite the project! I wanted to try importing real CAD geometry into the drawing. How are you importing .dgf files?